provia 400 @ 1600 v.s. Fuji Press 800 @ 1600

I've used Provia 400F pushed to 1600 for concert shots, and it worked quit well for that purpose. The grain wasn't bad (considering), and there was plenty of detail. Generally in higher speed films, print films will have less grain than slide, and it'd be less of a push. Everyone will have their own idea of what's ideal, what's acceptable and what's not. That all depends on what your purpose is, and how picky you (or your client) is. The best idea is to try a roll of each, and see which you like better.

Peter

Thanks for your replies, i just finished shooting a role or Provia 400 @ 1600, I was quite satisfied with the contrast and grain. The client i was shooting for required slidefilm, and as the subject of the assignment were dimly lit streetside resturaunts the speed of the film worked well in capturing people with out disturbing them with tripods and flash... i have yet to experiance shooting with Fuji Press 800, and wonder if under the same circumstances the photos would come out less grainy and more contrasty. will keep you posted on what i find.