Bracketing possibilities on Fuji GW 690 III

gerard_taillefer

I intend to buy a Fujifilm GW-690-III (i.e. the 6 x 9 camera with the

90 mm lens) to photograph landscapes as I walk (trekking).

Unfortunately I have never seen this camera in practice and I wonder

what possibilities there are to set the exposure in 1/2 or 1/3 stops

between the traditional full stops (f/ stops and speed stops).

Gerard T., Solna (Sweden)

I have this camera, bought in excellent used condition 3 months ago. Shutter is adjustable in whole stops as you might expect, and aperture adjustable in half stop click positions across the whole range. So the answer to your question is YES, in half stops.

The lens, by the way, is of very good quality indeed. I have only put 10 rolls of fine grain chrome film through mine, but they include the best landscapes I have ever made. I am delighted with it.

In my opinion it is the best compromise between image size, lens quality and cost available currently in the UK.

Enjoy it and let me know what you think!

David.

I have a GW680III (6x8 format version available only in Japan) with the same lens as the GW690III and you can set the aperture ring only by 1/2 stops. The click is pretty tight and it's virtually impossible to set by 1/3 stops.

Anyway, I wish you'd enjoy the camera. It's a great one!

I can't see how you could reliably set 1/3 stop increments on the GW690III. You might just get the aperture ring half way between clicks, which would give you 1/4 stops, but as I say I wouldn't want to rely on this.

The camera I have has T but not B. Still a great machine.

As the others have said, you can set the lens aperture to values between the click stops. However, the shutter is mechanical and not the most consistent I have encountered - certainly the top speed 1/500 on mine is about half a stop slow. Problems like this on other speeds could mess up your bracketing if you change the shutter speed.

• 2 months later...