W/NW: At the hospital

patricks

<I>"Patrick, How did you manage to sneak a camera in a hospital?"</I>

<P>

I'm not sure about other locations but I've taken my camera into the hospitals in Rhode Island (USA) quite often. Never seems to bother anyone as long as I'm snapping away at my family and not strangers.

No sneaking involved. Just a bit of sneaking when I measured/shot the scenen not to disturbe the job that was undertaken. This is really where a Leica rangefinder excels.

There is no problem taking photos at hospitals as far as I know. Like Stephen points out, as long as you are photographing family/friends of people that you've asked first.

Imagine a delivery department/room with photography equipment! ;-)

I carried a camera (M6) into the delivery room here in Kenai, and then into the NICU (Neo-natal ICU) and PICU (Pediatric ICU) in Anchorage many times. No questions, no problems. Often times, these are the only existing pictures of the kids ever taken. Don't ask, just do. Act normal, not like you are getting your hand caught in the cookie jar and people will generally trust you.

Cheers.

<I>...how did you do this?</I><P>

I don't have photoshop or any fancy software, but I do have a very basic photo altering program that came with my flatbed scanner. It is very simple to reduce size, play a bit with contrast and brightness, but I can't do any of those "tricks" that photoshop users like to do.