OT: Pinnacle MF Camera Collection

Canon: Canonet QL1.7. The manual Canon SLR's were also-ran. Canon came alive with the EOS 1.

Leica: M4. 35/2 version 3, 50/2 11817, 90/2.8 "fat" T-E.

Minolta: SRT-101, 50/1.4. Or any Leica R and the 16, 24 or one of several zooms ;>)

Nikon: F Photomic FTn. 24/2.8SC, 55/3.5SC Macro, 105/2.5SC

Olympus: Pen FT.

Pentax: 67 MLU. 45, 105, 200 SMC's.

Others? Hasselblad 500 C/M, 50/4CF-FLE, 80/2.8CF, 150/4CF; Rolleiflex 2.8F Planar; Speed Graphic; Rollei 35S; Minox B; Topcon Super D; Exakta V1000; Linhof Teknica 2x3.

Robert, An SRT-202 is an SRT-102 with the Mirror Lock-Up removed, and the only addition is a film safe advancing indicator, which serves no real purpose. Also, a couple of metal parts were replaced with plastic, including the f-stop tracking ring. The SRT-102 is better, and you can watch the rewind knob to see that your film is advancing safely.

For Pentax I'd (also) vote for the LX but with the Action Finder

(the coolest accessory). Get one of the LX-2000 screens if you

plan to shoot with it. For lenses I'd vote for the 15mm/f3.5, the

FA31 Limited (Pop Photo called it one of the 5 best lenses ever). The

31 is still in production but the black version is sold only in

Japan (AFAIK) so if you go black it may appreciate after it is out

of production.

Contax as John A. already said ? The Contax RTS/II/III/ST/RX are very nice professional cameras and the Zeiss glass is great: The 50/1.4 gets many votes as the best 50 ever, and the 85/1.4 is legenday (even more so the limited 85/1.2, but look at that price !). Otherwise the 35/2.8 Distagon and the 100/2 Planar if 50 and 85 seems to be too close.

<p>

I don't know much about the other camera systems, but I guess I would include the Canon F1(n), T90, Nikon F3HP and an Olympus 4t(i) ... but why buy so many different bodies ? Rather go for a nice MF Rolleiflex if you are looking for an additional camera system ...

• 4 years later...
I start to collect cameras for about four years now. I have a good collection of cameras, Olympus xa, xa1, xa2, xa3, super speed graphic 4x5, canon t90, nikon f2as, pentax h2, minolta xe7, nikon ftn, pentax p3, pentax k1000, pentax me super, olympus om1n, olympus 35 sp, zeiss ikon 6x9. I am still adding more cameras to my collections.