Photo-flo and 4 x 5

The whole point of using Photo-flo is to obviate the need for a sqeegee. Mr. Erlich says to use distilled water and for him that might be necessary and proper. My tap water is clean enough and and has a low enough concentration of dissolved minerals to not be a problem, though I filter my tap water just to make sure there aren't any nasties floating around in it.

I never squeegee. As stated above, correct use of wetting agent renders that unnecessary. Also, hang the film cornerwise so that the water runs off to the edges and then drips off the bottom corner of the neg. I have discovered by experience that it's better to let the film drain for 10 minutes before switching on the dryer.

Tucson is the kidney stone capitol of the world! I use distilled water becuse it is so hard here (like much of the west). Remember to hang film by the top corner if it is a clear blue sky. If there is a drop that dries where it can be seen, put it at the lower corner where there isn't a plain sky or place it shows.