Large Ring Light

josh_thornton

I've rented the Profoto ring flashand love it. If you're shooting people I would stay

away from the macro reflector. Either use it without a reflector or with the Softlighter

Reflector. It has a white interior and has a very nice effect. I have a shot in my

photo.net gallery, but it's with the macro reflector. You'll have plenty of power, even

when you use it with a 600ws or 1200ws pack.

Jim, I appreciated your comment. The ringlight was used for image 686733, the

shadow around the body is the telltale sign. The images that you mentioned were

strobe that was manipulated. I love the ringlight and wish that my local rental house

had a Softlighter Reflector on hand. Unfortunetly, they only have the macro. Thank

you, Tony

Tony...I wondered about 686733...(if I had a brain I would have thought about the shadow). What threw me off was 686733 has great (hope I'm using the right word here) spectral highlights. I always thought that a ring flash was <i>very</i> soft light...could you comment? Could you also expand on how you achieved 713100...I <i>gotta</i> get some of that light! I'm going to start shooting with strobes, First Nations dancers, each 6 X 8 foot when dressed in regalia. They have to be softly & evenly lit. I was going to use two Alien Bees in medium large softboxes (too small?) at 45 degrees, a ring light and a third snooted Alien Bee directly behind the dancer to seperate them from the background...any suggestions will win you a BIG THANK YOU!