chromogenic B&W films,xp-2 kodak or tura equivelent any tips for home processing

Has anyone nailed down the best way to process chromogenic B&W film,

advice on DIY kits,dilution, developing times, film speed.Are the

films so tolerant of over/under exposure that any brand of C41 soup

will do the job? I have had one xp-2 film processed shot at 400 asa

and the prints came back a spooky green colour , obviously down to

the fact they had been printed on colour paper. I printed some shots

onto tetenal vario comfort RC and they look OK. Best options for

development and choice of B&W RC paper please. I know asking this

question is a lazy approach but I dont want to spend any hard earned

on chemicals without some idea of the results obtainable, thanks,

Norm.

Norman...I'm not sure if I understand the question...are you looking for C41 chemistry to develop the film or conventional B&W chemistry to develop the prints?<p>XP2 Super looks great to my (eyes anyways) on any B&W paper I've tried, developed in any B&W chemistry I've used. You will not get green tones...you may get warm tones but that's with warm toned paper.<p>Why don't you check

<a href="http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/bw.html"><b>Ilfords site</b></a> out...they have a wrath of information.<p>Sorry I can't help if it's C41 information your after...I attempted C41 processing once and said forget it...my corner one hour photo machine can develop the negs cheaper, faster and better then I can...

sorry the question should read, are chromogenic films tolerant of under and over exposure.What is the best c41 processing kit for consistant results? I've read in photo net archives that asa200 is the most popular speed to shoot this film at, does this mean you will get a +1 to -2 exposure latitude when shooting at 200asa. Jim I want to have a go at C41 due to the varied results people have reported when using mini labs, thanks for pointing me to the Ilford site, once again thankyou, Norm

I do most of my own C41 processing, colour & b&w, mostly because I keep the chemicals to hand for experimenting with cross-processing, short lengths for camera evaluations etc.

I currently use Jessops C41 kit, because it's available locally, "estimated" capacity 15 rolls 36exp 35mm, I do "stretch" it a bit if I've got a lot of films to process, so costs can be well under £1 a roll.

They're recommended times are the "usual" 3min 15sec at 100F (38C) for colour, 4min for chromogenics (doesn't say why). I have no problems with these recommendations.

I scan all my negs these days, so I've no current recommendations for paper etc., but I've printed XP1 negs in the past (yes, that long ago ;-) in 35mm and 120 and they're an absolute dream to print. I used the Ilford darkroom exposure meter (can't remember what it's called) for evaluating neg density under the enlarger, so the varying densities of the negs, if the ASA rating has been changed mid-roll (yes, it works), is no problem at all.