Is Picture Window Pro 3.5 worth the upgrade from version 3.1?

I am using the upgrade.

Advanced Sharpening is very useful, as is the Stacked Images feature (for combining same image with different exposure settings or RAW conversion settings). Other improvements include having the last settings retained in most transformations and the print function.

Certainly worth the $40 upgrade cost from PWP 3.1.

I'm also using PWP3.1. I've the same question too. But after reading thru the threads on Digital Light & Color's website, I'd rather wait for at least 1 to 2 months until they identify all the bugs and have them fixed before I step up to 3.5. Especially seems that many users have encountered problem during the upgrade process.

Since you've already upgraded I thought add the hightlites of the new version for anyone else following this thread

(From Digital Light and Color Web Site)

The new 3.5 release continues the evolution of Picture Window and Picture Window Pro with advanced new image editing features, improved workflow, a new Album feature and many other improvements. We have also improved how Picture Window is distributed and have even added a hard copy manual option. Read on for the details.

New Image Editing Features

* Advanced Sharpen: Addresses the artifacts that frequently limit sharpening thus allowing you to sharpen much more aggressively

* Moire Reduction: The latest addition to PW artifact correction functions. Removes annoying color patterns which arise when image features interfere with the pixel grid in the CCD sensor

* Image Stacker: Extend dynamic range by selectively combining shadow and highlight areas from separate bracketed exposures

* Negative: A new transformation for converting color negatives to positives, including compensating for the orange mask

New Album Feature

*Automatic layout of images in a wide choice of standard sizes lets you quickly layout and print an entire memory card's worth of images. After automatic layout you have the opportunity to review images, and edit, zoom and crop them before printing

* Very flexible manual layout -- create your own photo essays and entire multi-page photo albums

* A drag and drop interface for printing of multiple images on a page. Just drop your images in, quickly make cropping and size adjustments and print

* Fully integrated with PW editing functions - edit images directly from the album

Plus improvements to workflow, EXIF keyword/date search, an out of gamut alarm, and many other enhancements throughout.

Advanced Sharpening is the only new feature I've given a workout. IT is really three different operations combined - Noise Reduction, Speck Removal, Sharpening. I've used used in most transformations and have discarded it only once so far.