POP as film?

chad_shindel

First of all, what is POP? Also, I want to construct a large

camera (20 x 24) that shoots one of a kind original positive

prints. I'm wondering if this POP process can do this. I've also

thought about using regular photo paper as film and finding out

a reversal process to make it a positive instead of a negative.

Does anyone know about this? Thanks for your responses

ahead of time, I know they'll be helpful.

For POP - Printing out Paper - try http://www.albumenworks.com/. This is the only commercial source for the paper. It is very slow compared to typical 'modern' papers

Some reversal processes for B&W film are at www.ilford.com and www.unblinkingeye.com. They are for film, but should provide a starting point for using paper.

I presume you know about the large Polaroid cameras and want to do it in a different way.

It is feasible. I've experimented with "Sunprint" paper (similar to cyanotype process) in a homemade pinhole camera and got a negative image that could be used for contact printing or scanning and reversing.

If I'm recalling correctly POP is an albumen type paper which is feasible to make yourself. Methods for making the paper are described in various places on the web and in books. Unfortunately the URLs I'd bookmarked for making this paper were on my old PC. As I recall the process for making the paper involved floating a thin paper on top of the liquid, which might be difficult to accomplish with 20x24" paper.

• 1 month later...