Please critique bluntly !!!!!

khiem_nguyen1

Khiem, Your children are beautiful! The composition and posing of the children could be better. Khiet is looking to the left with his head tilted to the right, while MyVy is looking downward to the right. This is an unbalanced looking composition. It would have been better if the children were looking in the same direction, or at each other. There is too much empty space to the left of the frame. Cropping this shot doesn't help much, however. I think a vertical (portrait) composition would be better. Still, it's a lovely picture of two lovely children. Congratulations! William

enjoy them your whole life. Love the look in your sons eyes. I always tried to get my children interested in the same thing; a toy, an activity, or at times even my camera! At any rate I've yet to see a real poor image of them, it's our subjective view as parents and it's our right!

Donald's remake is better,however it is still to blown on the right side for my taste. It is a good family picture, which you will remember for years to come. I would recommend you reshoot a similar scene using negative film to get more dynamic range, I am making the rash assumption that you used a slide film.

Khiem,<p>

A wonderful shot that simply needs a little darkroom work. I hope you do not mind a different version. I have posted a quick adjustment of your photo that has been darkened, cropped and converted to grayscale. I used IrfanView program for a quick job, but I would suggest you use Photopaint or Photoshop for better results.<div>006K9m-15010084.jpg.35b04f2e461888ff60440fbdd4262149.jpg</div>

It's a cute picture. The only thing I can see would be to pay more attention to the background. In this case, there's a dark side and a white side which meet almost exactly between the children's heads. That could easily have been avoided by changing the camera angle a bit.