Pentax 67 bent shutter release

michael_mahoney

My P67 with a 400mm lens attached fell foward while on a tripod, and hit a rock. Although the prism took most of the hit, the cable release broke off and while removing the threaded end that had been left inside the shutter release button, I noticed that the release button had been bent almost to the point of touching the exposure counter / film winding lever.

Is anyone aware of possible problems by leaving this bend in the top of the camera ( the metal top is bent, not the button itself )?

The shutter release works fine, although I have not had a chance to replace my cable release yet, so I don't know if it will work with the cable, but I'm assuming it will.

Any experienced comments would be appreciated.

<p>

Mike Mahoney

Mike, I had a similar accident but not nearly as severe as yours. The top plate on the P67 is quite thin and will bend easily. In my situation, a long cable release stem bumped my car while removing the the camera/tripod from the car. The leverage on the shutter button caused the top plate to bend. So, I took a chance and bent it back to the original position. It works fine and looks like new. The angle of bend was about 30 degrees. SR