<br>

How ever has anybody a time/temparature for this using Ilford DD-X,

ID-11 or even Infosol-S ?<br>

<br>

Or is it just wasted time to process this film ?<br>

<br>

Thank for your help,<BR>

Marc<br>

Judging from Ilford's PDFs for pushing most of their films DD-X is the most suitable for this situation. I'd use Microphen but that's what I'm accustomed too. Some of the images should be at least salvageable.

I definitely wouldn't recommend Ilfosol-S for this. It's a great developer for slower films exposed normally. Reminiscent of Rodinal in terms of acutance (and increased grain). But even less suitable than Rodinal for pushing.

ID-11? Nah. It's a versatile developer, sure, and if it's all you had or the choice was ID-11 or Ilfosol-S, that'd be another thing. But use a true speed developer for hard push processing.

Kodak stock XTOL 12.25 minutes @ 68degrees or 6.75 minutes at 75 degrees. 5 inversions in the first 30 seconds then 5 seconds every 30 seconds. Kodak claims an EI of about 80 (!) for this. I would have expected worse. Kodak also gives a time of 14.75 for XTOL 1+1 at 68 degrees, same agitation, same EI.

I have gotten excellent speed from Delta 100 in XTOL 1:2. Whether you can push it probably depends on the lighting conditions. You will loose shadow detail in bright sunlight, but with low contrast lighting you might be OK. Obviously you will need to increase development time from the normal time, but I can't help you on that.

today I developed exactly the same thing -- accidental ASA 400; used Xtol 1:1, appr 13 minutes at 71 degrees F. Maybe even a touch overdeveloped, but detail present. The negatives look rather good, haven't tried printing, nor examined grain.

I think DDX, D76/ID-11, and xtol all treat this film about the same, so I would use the DDX if that is what you've got. Should be some figures on timing at masssive dev chart.

Definitely don't throw the film out -- consider it a learning experience. Maybe you will like it.

First of all thx to all for the answers ! :-D<br>

<br>

So after all I will not put the film to the garbage !<br>

Has any one a temperature/time for this case with the DDX ?<br>

Else I have to bux X-Tol.<br>

<br>

Cheers,<br>

Marc<br>

From www.digitaltruth.com � the Massive Developer Chart (may not match your best personalized preference, but generally pretty good source).

Ilford Delta 100

Ilfotec DD-X (1+4) ASA 50 9.5 9.5 9.5 20°C

Ilfotec DD-X (1+4) ASA 100 12 12 12 20°C

Ilfotec DD-X (1+4) ASA 200 14 14 14 20°C

Based on that, I would guess maybe 16-17 minutes

Ilford web site (www.ilford.com) also has several documents, including one on pushing all its films. It recommends DDX over perceptol, for instance, and it does not encourage pushing D100 beyond ASA 200, but data would have some times slightly shorter than above (you may note that this is all experimental, but also that if you aim for 15 minutes, there is really not a huge difference between 14 and 16 minutes, especially if you�ve never calibrated this effort (pushing by accident does not lead to repeatable precision). In the Ilford Delta 100 sheet, accidental pushing to ASA 400 is suggested for 10 minutes in Microphen. You could compare that the Massive Dev Chart, which gives the same answer, perhaps using the Ilford source.