examples of C41 film cross processed in E-6

I don't see why anybody would process a C41 film in E6 chemistry. All images would have a strong and ugly yellow-orange cast. While it's true that the final color of the mask depends on the contents of the images and gets formed during processing, a part of that mask is present even before processing. Try to fix a color negative's leader without developing it - you'll see that it's orange (albeit not exactly the same shade of orange as it would have been if you had developed it first).

<br><br>

Processing E6 film in C41 chemistry is worth trying, because it gives contrasty pictures and very saturated colors. On the other hand, processing C41 film in E6 chemistry gives low contrast slides with weak colors and an orange cast. It's not worth it.

Well, I stand corrected.<br>

Actually, it happened to me once: the guy at the lab developed one of my negatives in E6 chemistry. It came out exactly as I said above: very low contrast, weak colors, strong orange cast. It couldn't have been projected (or it could, but it wouldn't have been worth the trouble). That's why I assumed that there's no point in processing C41 films in E6 chemistry.<br>

Oh well, I guess I was wrong; it seems it can give interesting results if you know what you're doing. My mistake.

• 1 month later...
I 've tried it a few time but not had much success yet. Agfa portrait 160 looks good, it has this cool pink cast as far as i can tell, but i've not been able to get a well exposed roll of it back yet. Dispite over exposing by 1 stop then asking for it to be pushed 2, I'm not convinced the labs i've tried have been doing it.. Reala is supposed to be good for it as well...

• 1 month later...

After reading all the archived posts about cross-processing, I decided to give it a shot myself. I shot a roll of Sensia 100 with my Canon A1 rated at 100. I then ran the roll through our C41 at work (Fuji minilab type) and got fairly interesting results. Mostly really yellow negs. I printed most of these at yellow -6 to get cool blue prints. Here is an example that was scanned from negative with no color correction.

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photo/1748653"></a>

• 4 months later...

ok i've had a little play and have a few examples (took me a while to find a lab that

would do it and not charge me £40 a roll...!!!!)<p>

Basically the two shots are from old kodak VPS i had knocking around and Agfa

Portrait 160<p>

Development wise both shots were rated one stop over and then pushed two (the way

i've heard you should do it).<p>

The contrast has been tweaked a little in Photoshop, the originals are a little flatter

and not so bold, but the colors are accurate to the originals.<div>007MbK-16595484.jpg.c6785cc23e873155d0d8a98154dd2ffd.jpg</div>

• 5 months later...