I have been using the Pentax 67 with several lenses (mainly the

55mm), its a great camera and I have nothing to complain aboutit; the

only thing I would have liked is some tilt shift and a more

rectangular negative (6x8). The first thing that comes to my mind is

the Fuji 680, but is too big for outdoor work (probably), then I

think to Silvestri but I'm not sure where I could actually see and

try it .

Am I missing other cameras on the market out there? Even a panoramic

one would be helpful, as long is convertible to 6x8 (6x9).

Thank you for help.

As far as I've been able to determine, the only 6x8 (9 exposures on 120) cameras available are made by Fuji. The 680 that you mentioned and versions of the Fuji rangefinders sold in 6x8 format in Japan only. I think that's unfortunate since I really like the shape of 6x8 negatives (actually about 56mm x 75mm), 6x7 seem too square and 6x9 too long, especially on verticals. The 9 exposures also fit nicely on contact sheets, unlike 6x7.

There are a number of 6x9 (8 exposures on 120) cameras, several of which have movements and most 4x5 view cameras can take 6x9 roll film backs. For something that is small, easy to carry and quick to set up, I really like my Horseman 6x9 technical camera. Mine is a 980 but the 985, VHR and VH are fairly similar (the VHR and VH have rotating backs and all but the VH have rangefinders so that they can be used to some extent hand held, only the VH is available new). I believe the Silvestri only has shift, but I've never seen one and may be remembering what I read about them wrong.

Well, there's a 6 x 8 back for the Mamiya RB system, but that still doesn't get you movements. (I've never seen one for the RZ though - anyone know if it can use RB backs??)

An (ancient) Mamiya Super 23 will get you back tilts and 6 x 9, but no shifts, no in-camera metering, and absolutely zero modern idiot-proofing. Also, only two lenses, the 100/3.5 and the 90/3.5 let you tilt the back and maintain infinity focus. (Though a modest tilt and a middling aperture should keep inifity within the depth of field, you can no longer set the precise point of focus to infinity.) The system has a dead sharp 50/6.3, though like any lens from this era (60s, early 70s) you need to be pretty careful about backlit scenes.

Could you give some more details about the Toyo or Horseman 6x8 backs? I've only seen 6x7 and 6x9 (note that 6x9 is actually about 56x82mm and gives 8 exposures on 120, 6x8 backs are about 56x76mm and gives 9 exposures on 120). I'd really like a 6x8 back for my Horseman. Anyone used the RB back on a view camera?