Storing the film

Hello,

Please tell me where should I store my films? I always keep them in

the refrigerator, but I'm not sure if all kinds of films should be

kept in it. Is there any kind of film that should not be kept there?

Films I usually use are Kodak Tri-X, Kodak Gold 400, and since a few

days ago, slide films.

Thanks to ALL of you.

I agree with James' answer - however be sure to warm your film to room tepmerature carefully when you remove it from the refrigerator or freezer. You need to avoid moisture in the air condensing on the cold film. I find it useful to put the cold film in an airtight plastic bag (squeezing the air out) and let it warm for about 6-8 hours before using it.

Have Fun

I use both freezer and fridge for my film, the first for long-term storage of bulk, the second for a few rolls of each (colour/b&w, fast/slow) for day-to-day use. When I go out, I put one each of what film I want to use today in my trouser pocket, the rest (if any) goes in my bag. By the time I get where I'm going the film in my trousers is ready to use, by the time that's finished, so's the film in the bag. Most times, I'm over-optimistic about how much I'll be using and the balance goes back in the fridge for next time ... if it's a pre-planned shoot where I know I'll use a lot of film, like the local air display, I just take it out of storage the night before.