Building Darkroom, Need Help

Hello,

I'm building a darkroom in my basement and I have everything right

except the water source/sink. Here's the problem: there is a

running water source in my basement, but I rent from this apartment,

and since I don't own it, I am unable to make modifications to the

pipes and such. Right now the best idea I have is to run upstairs 2

floors to my bathtub to wash the pictures, but I'm hoping perhaps

someone else has run into this problem and come up with a solution.

Please post with any ideas.<p>

Thank you so very much,<p>

Andrew

You might consider flexible plumbing hose. Flexible hose is starting to catch on for use in permanent plumbing installations and might work in your situation if you can find a faucet to hook into. At the very least, you might have to create an extra set of taps into the existing water line.

The drain might be a little harder, but many basements have an open drain in the floor that you might be able to empty into.

You can buy regular washing machine hoses at appliance stores, hardware stores, etc. They are capable of holding hot and cold water under pressure. If you set your darkroom sink above normal counter heighth (36"0 a gravity flow from this sink into the other will work well.

Seems like washing machine hoses might be too short and/or too expensive if linked together. Here is link to cross-linked Polyethylene, also known as PEX:<br>

<a href=http://www.ppfahome.org/pex/faqpex.html>www.ppfahome.org/pex/faqpex.html</A>

Thanks guys. I will check into those ideas

<br>

kl ix - I could do my enlarging and such in my basement, but it would be a hassle and a nuisance to the others living here if I were to perpetually come up from the basement run upstairs, take control of the bathroom, etc... I would be much more convenient, if I can get it to work, to have everything in my basement.<br>

Again, thanks to everyone for their responses. Surely this has been answered in form or another, and though I couldn't find an answer when I searched, it's nice to know that I won't get bashed for asking a question that some may deem silly.<br>

Take care,<br>

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...