Let's Face It: We're All Wankers and Fondlers

OK, I admit. Part of Leica Photography is the practice of fondling. So what? I do this with guns, cameras, and guitars. Can't shoot for a shit, can't play a song, and I can't take a picture worth hill of beans. Yet I still have a lot of fun. It's only money. So what?

Backups? We don’t need no stinking ba #.’  _ ,    J

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not guilty. I own neither a watch or a car and use whatever pens

my fiancee gets given free by drug reps at work. I use Leica &

Contax cameras 'cause they're built to last, servicable & hold

their value in the long term. My M6 TTL bought new last year will

probably outlast me or film (which ever dies 1st), and will

become a family heirloom to be passed onto grandchildren.

I have a Polex, bought in the night markets of Bangkok, Thailand. Yeah, it started life as a Rolex but its leg dropped off. My other camera is a Voigtlander made in Japan, and a Lieca made in the ex-CCCP.

Besides, didn't Mama warn you that wanking made you blind? Gazooks. Oh, Leica Forum. We're all blind one way or another, anyway.

What's an 'Eccletic', Jay? Is it a new religion where acolytes flagellate themselves with straps made only in Solms or better yet, an OB original made in Wetzlar, soaked with the sweat of German elves?

Guess that makes you an ecletic ascetic. Or make that an ascetic ecletic?

�I have a Polex, bought in the night markets of Bangkok, Thailand.�<p>Those Thai Fau-Lexes are the best aren�t they!??!?! Not like the cheese quartz movement ones you pick up in Hong Kong. I belive my gold �Submariner� from Kao San Road still works after 7 years!

My Submariner which I wear daily, has broken its mainspring 3 times, at $225 a pop for service, since I got it new in 1990. My 2-tone Oyster which I bought new in 1986 but wear maybe twice a month, has been serviced 3 times, finally broke the original mainspring last month. A gold 1959 Omega Seamaster DeVille automatic dress watch I inherited from my father has been serviced exactly once, w. new mainspring, about a year ago. And I've had one of the original Seiko LCD watches (looks like a Dick Tracy Wrist Radio)since 1978 and it still keeps perfect time having had nothing more than about 4 batteries. So Rolexes are a *lot* like Leicas, Omegas are like Nikon F's and Seiko's are not like any camera I can think of ;>)

Odd that you have these stories for everything you own Jay...got's to wonder what you're doing wrong, or why you're embellishing...or you must just have the worlds worst luck. My Rolex bought new in 1974 for $450.00 (CND) can fetch me easily $1000 bucks now. This after wearing it every single day since, with two cleanings and a couple of crystals. But it is showing its age...after 29 years it's losing about a minute a month. Another reason why some pay for the good stuff. A couple of years ago my wife dropped one of my Watermans on the floor and bent the nib. Sent it to Waterman to see if it could be fixed. They sent it back within the month, with a NEW nib (which is gold) for FREE. This, bye-the-way was a pen I'd owned for nearly 20 years.

I wondered where the bogs were on this forum. This is where you hang out for ciggy break... away from the righteous.

All i care about is if my plonker will work until i'm at least 60. Perhaps some of you older guys can advise. Alternatively, will I need to apply Spiratone Cream?

This just out. As Martha would say, "Wanking and Fondling are good things". Keep at it.

"Masturbating Lowers Prostate Cancer Risk - Study

Wed July 16, 2003 01:59 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Frequent masturbation, particularly in the 20s, helps prevent prostate cancer later in life, according to new research.

Australian scientists have shown that the more men masturbate between the ages of 20 and 50, the less likely they are to develop the disease that kills more than half a million men each year."

Steve...so you have been to Thailand!

------

I got my R6.2 chrome for my wedding from my wife. I have successfully persuaded

her that a mechanical Leica will last a lifetime, and I will hang it around my neck

(better than a ring on my finger), and it is more useful than a ring because I can take

photos with it!

And my wife still thought that my new Black Paint MP is the same camera as my M6! If

she knows that I bought a new camera, she will get real mad....

Frequent masturbation, particularly in the 20s, helps prevent prostate cancer later in life, according to new research.

Hey, we're all goanna be around for a long time. I just love Aussies' Just shows you a bunch of impoverished crime ridden no gooders can make something of themselves.

That was what the British Empire was about, opportunity.