pc1

just wondering if any of you guys still use this particular

camera model that i have and still using for 23yrs now.(never ceases

to amaze me with the results i get).

i have even kept shots of prince Charles and princess Diana at

port Sa id in Egypt 1980,shots of Bethlehem (Jesus birthplace),

Calvary,Virgin Marys graveyard,Cleopatras palace,St. Peters

Basilica,the Coliseum in Rome ,Athens ,Mykonos,in Greece,and lots of

interesting places i've seen, with this camera.

my question is: what flash gun are you using with the one you

have (any of the Pentax K series)and what would you suggest i buy for

mine (as my old vivitar flash(full manual) i use just died. thanks

for any advice,,,pc

i used a Vivitar 2800 on this camera,and a week ago ,it just died so i was going to have someone check on it,,but i just couldn't find where i put it. (duh??)well anyhow ,it has served its purpose,,(just got thru general (spring)cleaning) besides i would like to get one with tilt and swivel....pc

I use Pentax K1000 & KX and others. I like the Pentax AFT 280 flash if I 'm lazy and Metz 60, if I need it really I like its many telecomputer f stops and full manual setting. The Vivitar isn't known well here in Germany, so I can't say anything about it.

thanks Jochen,i'm just glad i'm not the only one that still keeps and uses old manual pentax,i really think i was able to produce better pics with this camera that i've had for 23 yrs,i guess its time to have it CLAed,focusing screen has a bit of dirt also my one and only smc pentax 50mm F1.2 lens,cause the zoom i had,fell into the sea,while i was on a cruise ship,switching lenses. phew! just lucky still got this camera and lens.

so you said the pentax AFT 280 flash is good? tilt and swivel? expensive? well i'll check that one out too. thanks again ..pc

Hi Paul,

I used to use Spotmatics before I got my new Pentax. Vivitar 285 is a great flash. Tilt, zoom-head and easy to put filters on. The electronics and design are very similar to the 283. I don't remember the values of the Capacitor in the 283 but the 285 delivers some 70Watt*second (not bad at all for a flash that price).

Hi again Paul,

Both the 283 and 285 are non-ttl, just auto-thyristor. I bought two recently on e-bay, one for $20 (not working, just major corrosion in the battery pack) the other one for $28 (problems charginbg it that disappeared after 10 or so full charge/discharge of the main capacitor. It was deformed for lack of use I guess).

Good luck!

paul, did you say this centon flash has a setting dedicated for pentax? hmm, that's interesting, will check that one out too. thanks,, now gotta clean the screen inside my pentax tho', (between the prism (if it has a prism or just mirrors) and back of the viewfinder,,not sure if i could do this myself or bring it to a pro for a full CLA,well , thank you all for the suggestions,,,,,,pc