hallooo

hi everyone ! i came across this place yesterday while searching for a good portfolio site. so far the community seems friendly and im excited to be here 🙂

you can call me tomte (or tomy if you'd like). i love the outdoors and taking pictures of things that catch my eye—basically anything to do with nature, and sometimes pets or random shots around the house or whatever else

im big into entomology! if you have a photo of a bug that you're curious about, i'd be happy to identify it as close as i can down to the species for you (though to get that specific i do need a location ie. denver, colorado, usa). i am NOT an expert, though. it's a special interest of mine and i do my research but identifying bugs can be really hard LOL

i'm also interested in ecology. grasslands, forests, and wetlands are my favorite ecosystems and i'm surrounded by all 3 where i live so i'm in heaven a little bit. there's so much diversity and an infinite amount of things to photograph! birding is another hobby of mine that i've somehow only recently gotten into.

i'm an amateur when it comes to photography. i only have a phone camera to work with currently (boooo) but i think a lot of my shots come out pretty nice anyway, and i like to think i have a unique eye for subjects. i am pretty whimsical 😆

it's going to be so fun learning as i go. i'd love to be as good as my mom and step dad one day! and make some photographer friends too🙂

• Like 2
  • Yes! 1