Canon Photo Thursday March 28, 2024

Happy Thursday
Welcome to Canon Photo Thursday.

Time to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN.
Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo mission
s or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one,
two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless,
PowerShot, Rangefinder). Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots.

Canon 5D MK IV

Breakfast in our kitchen.  Egg White Omelet, Turkey Bacon, Avocado, Black Berries and OJ.

Breakfast (1 of 1).jpg

Kitchen Table Breakfast (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 9
Cheers, Mark

20 hours ago, Mark Keefer said:

Happy Thursday
Welcome to Canon Photo Thursday.

Time to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN.
Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo mission
s or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one,
two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless,
PowerShot, Rangefinder). Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots.

Canon 5D MK IV

Breakfast in our kitchen.  Egg White Omelet, Turkey Bacon, Avocado, Black Berries and OJ.

Breakfast (1 of 1).jpg

Kitchen Table Breakfast (1 of 1).jpg

Usually when I think about taking photos of cooking or food, I don't have the patience and am too hungry to set up a strobe and umbrella! Nice shots.

I'm going to be roasting salmon tonight but it may go unrecorded!

• Like 1

Practicing for the upcoming eclipse; R7 with EF-RF adapter and 70-200 F/4; solar filter (from 2017) taped over the lens; ISO 400, f/4, 1/160sec; zoomed in approximately 100%

1Y0A1044.jpg

• Like 7

On 3/28/2024 at 6:56 PM, ajkocu said:

Usually when I think about taking photos of cooking or food, I don't have the patience and am too hungry to set up a strobe and umbrella! Nice shots.

I'm going to be roasting salmon tonight but it may go unrecorded!

The light over the table and the one behind me create a nice even soft light, barely a soft shadow on that table. i could shoot portraits in that room, no soft box needed, though a tripod and slower shutter speed would be needed to get the ISO down.. You should see the shots I get with the Galaxy s21 plus, I have many more as that camera is always in my pocket. lol.  

Cheers, Mark

11 hours ago, ajkocu said:

Practicing for the upcoming eclipse; R7 with EF-RF adapter and 70-200 F/4; solar filter (from 2017) taped over the lens; ISO 400, f/4, 1/160sec; zoomed in approximately 100%

I should order some solar eclipse glasses, less than $10 off Amazon. I think I saw Best Buy had some, and Lowes may be selling them according to the internet. What filter did you get? I have a couple ND filters, a 4 and an 8, not sure if it would be enough, I did get a shot back in 2017 through clouds with that set up. Guess I could Google best filters 

Cheers, Mark

11 hours ago, Mark Keefer said:

I should order some solar eclipse glasses, less than $10 off Amazon. I think I saw Best Buy had some, and Lowes may be selling them according to the internet. What filter did you get? I have a couple ND filters, a 4 and an 8, not sure if it would be enough, I did get a shot back in 2017 through clouds with that set up. Guess I could Google best filters 

I read somewhere advising not just using ND filters for an eclipse. I got disposable viewing glasses and a fold-together lens filter from B&H for the eclipse in 2017. I do have photos of the eclipse which I'll look up.

IMG_6158.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6160.jpg

• Like 2