Editing Photo (Title, details) on PN

I saw a post on PN about editing the details of published photos.  Intrigued, I did a couple of 'experiments' My findings are:

- Within 15 minutes of uploading  a new photo, the "Manage Photo' button includes an option to 'Manage Details', including options to change the name and description of the photo.

- After 15 minutes the 'Manage Details'' option under the 'Manage Photo' button disappears; the 2 remaining options are 'report' or 'delete 'If you feel that the right title and description is important for your photos then my advice is to upload photos to PN one at a time. Within 15 minutes you give each photo your preferred title and description.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sanford said:

Option to edit should remain forever.

Well, it might not be acceptable to go back to old forum posts and edit them. But I don't see any reason why captions and tags can't be added to one's own gallery pictures at any time.

I don't think photo.net will ever be perfect, but it does seem that many users have moved on from fretting about the site, and are making the best use of things - and of course new members will tend to accept the site "as is" and get on with it.

Edited by John Seaman

On 3/14/2024 at 3:01 PM, Sanford said:

Option to edit should remain forever.

No, if something is in a forum thread it should not.  Once upon a time, a long edit window was given here on PN.  Some folk who could not help themselves edited statements they had made earlier--forming a new direction in a thread.  Time travel is imaginary.  If you did it on a board, live with the outcomes...

Otherwise, galleries and albums should always have unlimited user permissions for editing, movement, and other sorts of management.

I finally set the edit limit on forums to 15 minutes over a year ago.  Permissions were given for unlimited control within the constraints of the platform software.  Perhaps this latter thing has changed--as I no longer monitor this and have been busy with something else.

There is another place that allows full management permissions on gallery and album images without a timeout--with a 1 (one) hour thread editing window and a 7 (seven) day saved draft post function.  Do you know about it?  🤔

• Like 1

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

2 hours ago, Sanford said:

I'd settle for an hour.

I think you may have to settle for what you got! When's the last time you saw a user-requested software change on PN? 

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Edited by samstevens

"You talkin' to me?"