Hi @jc1305us, as a European. i have no idea idea what the 'The old Met Life tower, Madison Square Park, NY.' is or what it represents. In general, I'm not a great fan of (or have any experience with) B/W photos. But I do really like yours!

For me, there's a whole lot to like about this photo. Notably the 'meandering, organic foreground' towards the building.

IMHO, the photo is fine as it is. My only suggestion would be perhaps to play around with the 'levels' and contrast., The deep black branch which crosses the building kind of (for me) visually blocks off the building.

The foreground is (except for my note above) wonderful!  Since the current foreground is so 'dramatic',  I wonder whether the photo could be improved by bringing at least as much 'dramatism'  (contrast)  to the building. Up to you, but my personal 'vision' for this photo is a 'peep-through' to a building. In other words, the building (through more contrast, sharpness ) should ideally be the 'focal point' of the photo. To facilitate this 'foreground' might need to be toned down a bit w.r.t. contrast and sharpness.

Not an 'expert' just an amateur, subject comment that I hope - with other members - will stimulate your thinking!

Best wishes,

Mikew

I'm having trouble seeing past that BLACK limb across the building. Maybe, as Mike suggests, messing with the Black Channel might take some of the emphasis off. Otherwise, I like the tonality and perspective of the building.

• Like 1