Canon FD Photo of the Month: March 2024

danac

Let's see what you saw through those Canon FD, FDn, FL and R lenses. Please share your images.  If you are not sure about how to do this do the following:

1. Resize your image to around 1000 plus or minus 50 or so pixels on the longest edge with your photo editing software.

2. At the bottom of the message box click on choose files...

3. Go to the folder with the image you want to upload and click on "Open"

4. Then click on "Submit Topic" at the bottom of the message box.

It's just that simple. And it can be from any date. 🙂

A book's a great place to hide out in - Trevanian

Yes, I did it in 1998.

The only Ilford film that is black and white but developed with color chemicals! The Ilford XP2 400is a very versatile film with which you will obtain sharp, fine grain images and a wide range of grays

Furthermore, thanks to its wide latitude, you can shoot from ISO 50 to ISO 800 on the same roll and develop them without problem.

It is processed with C-41 chemicals, which allows this type of film to be processed as color negative, thus obtaining faster and cheaper development.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jim_bielecki1 said:

Canon F-1 with FD 35/2.0 (thorium).  Tri-X

Great shot Jim!  A beautiful bride processioning past broken windows, razor wire, and crumbling streets.  Any story behind this?  

Edited by Bettendorf
grammar

Yes there is.  This is from 2010, the old Michigan Central Train station in Detroit.  This was back when it was in ruins.  Ford has since bought this old train station and has totally renovated it.  It now looks like a million bucks.  The grand opening is in June.  

But as for the pic, purely by chance, I happened upon a photo class that was using models dressed as brides parading in front of the old station.  I walked over and snuck in a few pictures before the guys putting on the class got mad.  This one worked the best.

• 2 weeks later...

From probably 1983, just west of Munising, Michigan on the shore of Lake Superior.  Canon F-1.  Forgot the lens and film, though it was transparency film of some sort.  I used the Upscayl software to clean up the image.

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...