Nikon transfer app and NX studio

John Di Leo

I am using Nikon's Transfer 2 app to move images from my Z8 to my computer to process in Adobe software.

When I close the Transfer app, the NX Studio app opens, and that is useless to me. I've looked in the preferences of NXStudio to see if it is controlled there; don't see anything. I do not see prefs for Transfer.app.

Anyone know how to stop this?

Thanks

The last option in "options" on transfer 2 is for deciding whether a program needs to get started after importing the images, there is also a choice for which program you want to start.. 

example in Dutch ( guess the English version  will be the same..)

image.png.b8c3d267be49a823609b0c3eba725534.png

more info. I didn't see the Options menu choice because it is not located there. There is a tab labeled preferences and that is where the option to not open NX Studio is located.

Found it, though, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

"Save as" is usually used for a same file format as the original, so .JPG  stays .JPG (resizing does not change the file format..).

"export" is mostly used for saving  either towards an other tool or file format, when a transformation of the original is  file is needed, like Wrd97 format to XML format, or raw to tiff format, this proces needs an extra process within the application.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mike_halliwell said:

That would be why Photoshop has 13 different Save As options but only 3 Export options.... non of which is TIFF !!

Guess Adobe has to be different !

🤣

Adobe is always different from the remainder of the windows world ...😎

• Like 1