Elmar f4 Collapsible 90mm, on Leica L mount Camera [w/L to M Adapter].

Hi All.  Does it stand to reason that with this combination, the Elmar can be completely collapsed into the camera body (like it would if mounted on a Leica M mount camera?).  The M flange to focal plane distance is 27.8mm.  The L flange to focal plane distance is 20mm.  The L to M adapter measures very close to 8mm.  Will the back of the Elmar collapsed clear the sensor?  Appears so, the math says 'yes'.  Are there any other factors I'm not considering?  Thanks, Mike

Edited by michael_matsil

I use some legacy leitz LTM collapsible lenses on my M mount bodies, but have never collapsed them. I've run a couple of plastic ties around the barrel to avoid the automatic behaviour setting in. I've taken prudence as my guide. I know this doesn't answer your question, though. Regards, Arthur.

Why not just examine the interior of the camera body with a flashlight and mirror to see if there are any obstructions, light baffles, etc, which might be impacted by the collapsed lens? Generally, though, I's suggest putting a rubber band around the extended stem of the lens, so that you can mostly collapse it, but give yourself some extra leeway. The one I had years ago, after being collapsed into my M4 body would periodically, by itself, slide out of the collapsed position which was quite annoying at times. These days the only lens I collapse is the 50/3.5 Elmar.