I can't help myself from focusing on technical details, like the wonderful rendition of whites, greys and blacks by the film that you chose. I look at the car's restoration and think "over-restored", but often, with cars of this age, the are so dilapidated prior to restoration that this is the only choice. I prefer the character of a well used and well maintained car. I would like to see detail of the tire, separated from the black shadow of the wheel well.

I DO see some elegant curves and satisfying shades of white to black. Hanging in my house it'd need to be part of a larger display, with other cars OR with other B&W images. It's nice, but I don't see it standing alone.

Though I must say, well done with exposure, composition and processing. There I go, getting technical again...;-)

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 1:55 PM, dcstep said:

I can't help myself from focusing on technical details, like the wonderful rendition of whites, greys and blacks by the film that you chose. I look at the car's restoration and think "over-restored", but often, with cars of this age, the are so dilapidated prior to restoration that this is the only choice. I prefer the character of a well used and well maintained car. I would like to see detail of the tire, separated from the black shadow of the wheel well.

I DO see some elegant curves and satisfying shades of white to black. Hanging in my house it'd need to be part of a larger display, with other cars OR with other B&W images. It's nice, but I don't see it standing alone.

Though I must say, well done with exposure, composition and processing. There I go, getting technical again...;-)

Thank you for your reply : ) 

• Like 1