Leica M6 & MP sales in 2023

It's interesting--I suspect that almost any other manufacturer of a consumer product would be getting rid of something that only sold 5000 units in a year.  I think this tells us something about the profit margin for these cameras.

• Like 1

How many cameras did Nikon and Canon actually sell in 2023? Wonder how many of those 5000 Leicas will actually get sold? Celeb neck candy/lifestyle prop? Only the influencers know for sure...

Odds don't seem encouraging that Pentax with revive anything beyond a film p&s, if that.

Good point about the profit margin/markup on Leica cameras. I genuinely wonder what the margins for profit are on a leica camera and lens? Clearly film cameras aren't ever going to be Leica's bread & butter, although I have a hard time believing it's 100% dedication to the "art" of photography. I see it as a gamble that's paying off in mild terms. It's true that Leica enjoys mad name recognition- but by & large, the quality is there as well. Let's see how long they can sustain this, or whether theyre simpy riding the trend.  

• 2 weeks later...