Kodak slide projector lenses compatible w/16mm lenses?

shutterstopper

I found a Buhl zoom lens (Catalog #774-430) that looks like it's compatible with the Carousel projectors, but the box says it's for "Kodak 16mm." It looks like there is a lens adapter that would fit the Carousel which can accept one of two lenses. Has anyone seen this (system?) before and can confirm they work w/the Carousels? Google turned up nothing.

Picture 5 of 5

Picture 2 of 5

I would be surprised if it worked for 24 x 36 mm 35 mm slides which are a lot bigger than the 6 x 8 mm size of a 16 mm frame.  I would expect a lot of vignetting if you did mount on a Carousel projector. Buhl made lots of after market, specialized lenses for projectors, both for slides and movies.  If you saw a projector in a really large auditorium that required a long focal length it would frequently have a Buhl lens since Kodak didn't make them. 

• 4 months later...

There used to be a "Pocket Carousel Projector", a scaled down version for 110 slides.

But you could also get 110 film mounted in 2x2 mounts, in which case there is a 2 inch lens for regular carousel projectors.

That one will vignette on 35mm film.

I do have, though, a 2.5 inch lens, I believe designed for 35mm film.

Note that 2x2 slide projectors are supposed to work for 127 super slides.

I have a Buhl mirror lens, designed for rear projection.  I am not sure of the focal length, though.

-- glen