Kodak Retina IIa Filter Use Question

cliff_kane1

Hi folks, I have just unpacked my Kodak Retina IIa after being put away and kind of forgotten about for a number of years. It seems to be working fine. I have a set of colored filters that screw into the end of lens. I know that on these cameras the focus must be at infinity so as to retract the lens to be able to close the clamshell lens cover. Is it considered safe to close the lens cover with a filter on the lens? The cover will close with a filter in place, which I was surprised as the filter adds some length that to lens, but is it okay to store or travel with the camera like this? 
I want to take the camera on a motorcycle road trip and I don’t want to introduce any extra stress to it by mishandling it.

I am so glad to rediscover this neat little camera!

Thank you,

Cliff

Likewise.  My retina IIc won't fully close with a filter, but I manage.  Leave the filter on nearly always. Enjoy your motorcycle road trip. I'll look forward to seeing some photos. The retina IIa had a number of improvements over the retina I, lever wind and no longer requiring the shutter to be cocked separately.  Most had an X-M synchronised Synchro Compur shutter, but some of the earlier models had an X synchronised Compur Rapid. I'd be interested to know the lens details.  My IIc:

DSC_4061.jpg