Where's My Photoshop Crop Tool?

Let's start with a reset of preferences to see if this fixes the issue.

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences on quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

• Like 1
  • Excellent! 1

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Thanks for the responses, Sanford and digitaldog. Sanford has it, I've been using this program for ten years and I never realised that the Crop tool shares its box in the toolbox with the slice tools. I feel rather stupid.

Thanks for the info about deleting the settings, digitaldog, that's useful.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

In the future: Type C key to move/select the Crop tool, then Shift C to toggle the options. The Shift and the key to select for each tool works the same. For example, I key for Eyedropper tools, then Shift I to toggle each option for that tool. 

• Like 1

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

42 minutes ago, digitaldog said:

Type C key to move/select the Crop tool, then Shift C to toggle the options. The Shift and the key to select for each tool works the same. For example, I key for Eyedropper tools, then Shift I to toggle each option for that tool. 

Right. I've just been through the every key on the keyboard and made a list of all the single key to toolbox tool shortcuts. There are so many things in Photoshop I don't know, despite being a regular user for probably 20 years.

Thanks again.

• Like 1