Film Camera Week for Sept. 15

Greetings, all, and welcome to our new thread,  Post all the images you like from any film camera.  I'll start with a few from a roll of Kentmere 100 that I processed and scanned earlier this week.  Camera was Fujica ST 605M with SMC Takumar 50mm f 1.4

Time exposure with most light coming from LED street light.

img920.jpg

• Like 5

Hello everyone, long t ime no see! HAvent been shooting very much at all this  year- much less film- but did get a dew days up in Maine & Vermont in August- so squeezed in a couple moments to my self in order to get some shooting in. Just posted some of these over in "travel" so apologies for any redundancy. ALl shots from the Hasselblad 500cm,  believe mostly using the 250mm Sonnar lens. 

Running around in Vermont very late in the afternoon- pretty much just prior to dusk, finishing up a roll of Ilford Pan F Plus 50- not really ideal for the light but I like the result just the same.  

image.thumb.jpeg.227d00caed0a0ea67df188fe4a00335d.jpeg 

Just got these scans in last night. Looking cloesly at them, something just seemed... off. Upon closer inspection, turns out the lab reversed the negtives in the scanner! 

Check the house number above the door of this photo from Ocean Point, Maine! I think I'll message the lab guy, a friend who has an all-film-camera shop & lab, to ask if they can rescan this roll.

1160-5.thumb.jpg.73a054f2f74290fe8607de95b5951cf5.jpg

Shot a roll of Cinestill 800T as well as another roll of Kodak Gold 200 in 120. I think this one is the former

---_0019.thumb.jpg.5995a75c5f5efe0dc9cbedf1216a2685.jpg

and this, the latter? Not having seen the negatives, It's a total guess but what I think is the 800T seems a little punchier, where the Gold (below?) feels a bit more subdued? 

image.thumb.jpeg.564753d1dcd30d8093b58f1eaeea4aff.jpeg

• Like 11

A few photos in my "Looking up in awe" project series. Using Lomo LC-A 120 camera, Arista EDU 400 film, and processed in Adox FX-39 II (1+19 as RickD suggested). First time using this combo: the negative does look a bit thin, so need more experiments in scanning and post processing.

Giant oak tree

[LUIA] Giant oak tree - LCA120_Arista400_002

Rising pagota

[LUIA] Pagoda - LCA120_Arista400_004

Maple tree

[LUIA] Maple tree - LCA120_Arista400_006

• Like 10
  • Very Nice 1

5 hours ago, Ricochetrider said:

Hello everyone, long t ime no see! HAvent been shooting very much at all this  year- much less film- but did get a dew days up in Maine & Vermont in August- so squeezed in a couple moments to my self in order to get some shooting in. Just posted some of these over in "travel" so apologies for any redundancy. ALl shots from the Hasselblad 500cm,  believe mostly using the 250mm Sonnar lens. 

Running around in Vermont very late in the afternoon- pretty much just prior to dusk, finishing up a roll of Ilford Pan F Plus 50- not really ideal for the light but I like the result just the same.  

image.thumb.jpeg.227d00caed0a0ea67df188fe4a00335d.jpeg 

Just got these scans in last night. Looking cloesly at them, something just seemed... off. Upon closer inspection, turns out the lab reversed the negtives in the scanner! 

Check the house number above the door of this photo from Ocean Point, Maine! I think I'll message the lab guy, a friend who has an all-film-camera shop & lab, to ask if they can rescan this roll.

1160-5.thumb.jpg.73a054f2f74290fe8607de95b5951cf5.jpg

Shot a roll of Cinestill 800T as well as another roll of Kodak Gold 200 in 120. I think this one is the former

---_0019.thumb.jpg.5995a75c5f5efe0dc9cbedf1216a2685.jpg

and this, the latter? Not having seen the negatives, It's a total guess but what I think is the 800T seems a little punchier, where the Gold (below?) feels a bit more subdued? 

image.thumb.jpeg.564753d1dcd30d8093b58f1eaeea4aff.jpeg

Some nice work--as for the reversal from right to left, it is easy in Photoshop and other programs to flip the files to make them correct.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bruce_z._li2 said:

@mjferron Really like this series: very clean lines and interesting patterns. I particularly like the first photo with fan, where there is depth and movement. And the Konica II seems to have a good quality lens.

Thanks Bruce. The 45mm 3.5 Hexar on this Konica II series camera is suppose to be a lesser lens than the 1.8 Hexanon featured on the more expensive models but it never not impressed me with its sharpness. This II B-m is an old school manual camera with features like knob advance, manual cock shutter and slow knob rewind but otherwise a gem. 

Another oldie. About 3 years ago I visited the site of the former Sherman Hospital (1888) in Elgin, IL, where I had cardiac surgery, as the leading cardiac center in IL., many years ago. The hospital and parking garage occupied a full city block, and has now been torn down except for the main entrance and imaging center, in the first shot below. The second shot is the new hospital across town. The pond provides thermal heating and cooling for the hospital. Pic 1 was taken with a Minolta XGM and 45mm Rokkor lens at f/5.6 on expired Ilford Pan-F, stand developed in Rodinal. The 2nd shot was converted from color (sorry no details), camera was a Nikon, but I have no details.

image.jpeg.f48399ffdd41daa64d6290cee670e53e.jpeg

R1-16.jpg

• Like 8

Greetings Comrades in Film,

Well you have to take the good things with the bad... I had loaded AFX400 (36ex) to try to shoot in an impossible dark bar. I realized it was futile, but I never shot the rest of the roll...forgot what was loaded... assumed it was the usuall APX100 then exposed the rest of the roll. Upon realizing this in the moment I opened the camera .. duuhhhh 
I thought that using Rodinal with  stand/development was a good idea.  Try and equal it out... Didn't work. There was very little rescue in the Pub shots. The 100ASA stuff is ...well less thgn ideal.. a bit grainy. So this was APX400 Rdinal stand-develop. 1 hr. One inversion after 30min. 

DSC03476.JPG.d03ffc586d5f632c46fcfdeddc3a5174.JPG

Mixedmess05.thumb.jpg.435fa1fdefafcf597d80efdefdbc477b.jpg

The Skat Players in the front, would not be budged from their weekly game, despite live musik venue..

Mixedmess15.jpg.df1a3c898afdaf002a58ed10d9029d12.jpg

This was the only light source.. on the right.  It was a bust!

Mixedmess27(Copy).jpg.a1dac796c6f83f2b108c68eaa201b705.jpg

I had the distinct pleasure of a week long stay at the hospital (very nearby to where I live) in January. Here's a view from the 5th floor looking towards my apartment .

Mixedmess20(Copy).thumb.jpg.d0d92d84fee9c998bcd8c0f0783f743d.jpg

Certainly this monstrosity has appeared in earlier posts from me.  I am easily 100meters away...it's that big.  View from the 45th floor again. 

Mixedmess17 (Copy).jpg

• Like 10
  • Very Nice 1

5 minutes ago, gary green said:

Hi Chuck @chuck_foreman1, I have to say I really like the bar shots, especially the first one!  Good save.

Thank You ..It was the only one that had any detail. I think I only had the Helios. Could this be the 85mm  Jupiter 9??
[Apparently these 4-6  guys meet on Wednesdays.. and once a month there's a live music program.... I love it that they don't give it up...helps that they start earlier  ]