W/NW 2023 Pic-O'-The-Week #35

allancobb

My images are from a fundraiser my spouse and I did yesterday at a day activity program for elderly retirees. (We called it 'soup for soup', to help fund a soup kitchen program in the Ukraine). Like many retiree groups, women outnumbered men by about ten to one.  Men die earlier. Taken with my monchrom type 246 and a Jupiter 85mm lens, which doesn't support focus peaking, so my success rate was about 1:2. The monochrom needs a sensor clean.

L1004155.jpg

L1004163.jpg

L1004164.jpg

• Like 8

I realize you didn't ask me, but I owned the 75mm Summicron shortly after it was released; it's very sharp and is pretty much a perfect rendering lens. 

I sold it because I rarely used it. I now own the CV 75mm Heliar Classic f/1.8, which, while still doesn't get allot of use, it get's used more than the Summicron did.

Don't ask why. ...

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

7 hours ago, Bill Blackwell Images said:

I realize you didn't ask me, but I owned the 75mm Summicron shortly after it was released; it's very sharp and is pretty much a perfect rendering lens. 

I sold it because I rarely used it. I now own the CV 75mm Heliar Classic f/1.8, which, while still doesn't get allot of use, it get's used more than the Summicron did.

Don't ask why. ...

Thanks Bill Blackwell Images.  Much appreciated. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

On 9/3/2023 at 2:23 AM, arthur_mcculloch2 said:

Greg M, how do you find the 75mm summicron? I'm thinking of getting one to replace my existing voigtlander (aka cosina) 75mm.  Very nice image. The colour is really saturated. Very 'lively'. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

The 75mm f2 APO Summicron is a very nice optic. Compact, but dense, and very fast to focus. I've used it quite a lot as part of my primary four lens (21-35-75-135) outfit.

At f2-2.8 your rangefinder needs to be aligned properly and the focus throw is so fast you can just miss short or long pretty easily at any aperture setting. I can use it well enough with no focus aid at f5.6 or smaller apertures but the 1.25x or 1.4x rangefinder magnifiers makes focus with 75-90-135mm lenses much more secure at faster apertures. It also doesn't hurt the frames are enlarged with the magnifiers for composition aid.