W/NW 2023 Pic-O'-The-Week #34

My contributions, from a few weeks ago. All with my monochrom and go to voigtlander (aka cosina) 75mm lens (with yellow filter). The first is another bartendress (I guess I'm getting a reputation as a barfly). Sometimes, the sharpness of contemporary lens can produce unflattering results. The second of a shy patron.  I've enjoyed my musings with the jupiter 85mm lens, despite its proneness to flare, and low contrast. Looking forward to this week's contributions. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

L1004145.jpg

L1004147.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, arthur_mcculloch2 said:

I should add, on another note, that here in Oz I've seen some incredible images in the media of the weather event devastation that has hit North America.  My thoughts and prayers go to those impacted. Arthur.

Thank you, Arthur.

We experienced tropical storm Hilary here (from Baja California were it started off as Hurricane Hilary) up from San Diego through the central part of Southern California and western Nevada into western Idaho; we received a years worth of rain in about three days. Where I'm at (closer to the cost) we got some pretty good rain for this time of year, but it was manageable. The desert areas got hammered with flash flooding and mud-slides. 

But even more tragic was on the Hawaiian island of Maui where wild fires burned down an entire resort community. 

• Like 1

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

Many thanks to Bill for covering the Leica/RF W/NW this week! The reason for my absence was a trip to Bermuda, exploring a few of the many excellent visual sights this lovely island has to offer. So for starters, here a scene of the famous Swizzle Inn, home of Bermuda's trademark rum cocktail.

Leica Q (116), 28mm f/1.7 Summilux

L1120432 (1) (1) R.jpg

• Like 5