Physical stores for raw chemicals in Europe?

I took two weeks holidays, drove a bit around through historical places in Northern Russia, mostly Vologda oblast and then went to Novgorod. This has resulted in 20 rolls of 120 with a Horseman-985 on 6x9.  On the way back I checked on Yandex options for buying raw chemicals for BW developers, and there's a store in downtown SPb, near Griboedova canal. The thing is that over the years I walked tens of times there without paying attention... Their website Магазин химических реактивов Химмаг-СПб . I could park the car just around the corner. I only bought 3 kg natrium sulfit, 200g hydroquinone, 200g metol, 200 g pyrocatechin. (should have make home inventory before the travel... pfff). 5260 rb. ~ 57€/67$us as per now.

Very convenient: tell what you want and weight, the operator goes in the backstore comes back with pouches or boxes of the chemicals. This is a dream shop. In the rest of Europe I don't know of anything similar, but of couple reseller businesses like Fototechnik Suvatlar in Germany, Disactis in France , online only.

I attach few pictures: it was 20:30, august, so more relaxed car traffic, and I could park (the N car plate, black Subaru) just after Demidov bridge, from Sadovaya, so downtown core. From the car I walked to the left along thhe canal then right into Kaznacheyskaya and to the corner ~ 300m, where the shop entrance is. Couple shots near the counter and the guys working there. The stuff I bought and the receipt.

I drove to catch the ferry in Hangö to Nynäshamn, which means I was unsure of any possible customs check by the Finns after russian border Torfyanovka-Vaalimaa. I am a EU citizen resident in Norway and so norwegian car plates, don't know if it plays a role, but anyway only quick passport control that's all. Later the norwegian border is prone to customs control because leaving Sweden you exit EU. I just rode on my usual small secondary district road, same as when doing shopping in Sweden, ie. no customs office, nobody, could have random customs mobile patrol sometime, but then as most the times, nothing. In case they want to check luggage they may seize a box of white powder labeled метол.

Any similar stores elsewhere in Europe?

itinéraire.jpg

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

IMG_20230810_201902.jpg

IMG_20230810_201942.jpg

IMG_20230810_202457.jpg

Edited by antoniobravo