What happened to....

MarieH

Photo of the week and photo of the day discussions?  The old rating system, while not accurate was at least fun and I think, encouraged the viewing and commenting on posted photos.  I think bringing back such a system would breath more  life into this platform and bring back the "fun" aspect, and make it a little more educational through criticism, good or bad. I used to welcome criticism  good or bad. Thanks.

Edited by MarieH
  • Like 5
  • Henri Matisse. “Creativity takes courage”

You can still put photos up for critique in the Critique Forum.

Photo of the Week stopped a year or more ago along with most other features.

In short, the site was bought by a company that decided to redesign PN in order to update software (a necessity to keep it alive). Since an initial update, they’ve been absentee landlords. It’s basically on autopilot and they aren’t responsive to input or suggestions. Best advice is to make use of what you can, be proactive in starting threads and posting photos. It seems like it’s all up to us now. We’ve been given a basic and relatively bare framework. We’re now responsible for content, creating ongoing threads, and interacting.

Nothing would stop anyone from starting a weekly Photo of the Week thread in Casual Conversations. It would be up to an individual or group of people to keep it going. Don’t expect site support to help. Enjoy!

• Like 2

"You talkin' to me?"