Canon Photo Thursday July 27, 2023

Mark Keefer

Happy Thursday, July 27, 2023, to all Canon Shooters and Photography enthusiasts. Photo.Net is celebrating 🎉30 years on the World Wide Web🌎!  😗Wow! Almost as long as some of us have been photographing and that is a long time. 

Once again it is time for this week's Canon Photo Thursday.  I hope everyone is enjoying summer and staying cool.  It has been a crazy hot summer. Stay hydrated and cool. 

I am looking forward to seeing what the Canon photographers have this week. Let's inspire each other and possibly inspire future generations.

This is your chance to share your epic, fun, cool, and/or interesting photo with everyone here on PN. Show us your vision, your style, your projects, your travels, adventures, photo missions or just something you shot that captured your fancy. You all know the drill, post one, two, three, or more photos shot from your Canon EOS Camera (SLR or DSLR or Mirrorless. Was your camera made by Canon? If so, post your shots). All are welcome to participate. Late postings are welcome. If you miss Thursday, feel free to add to the thread another day. Looking forward to seeing your shots. Pick up the camera and shoot something. Even if you didn't get out this week, you know you have some blast from the past stashed in your archives. We have a lot of regulars here reading. Jump in and post. Show us your shots.  I know with the season everyone can get very busy. I would like to thank everyone who has been sharing in Canon Photo Thursday. It means a lot, making starting this thread every week worth wild. Thank you for your support.

As always, I truly appreciate the support of our Canon friends and shooters. It's nice not to be left hanging. Thank you, everyone who has been participating.

Canon 5D MK IV - Some Grand Canyon images.

Grand Canyon Tamr f14  x3000 48878-48882.jpg

Grand Canyon Tamr f9  x3000 -48854.jpg

Grand Canyon Tamr f14  x3000 48878-48900.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent! 1
  • Very Nice 1
Cheers, Mark

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm breaking any rules (I'd be glad to receive comments on which rules and how). I took the original (color) photo on July 9th. But I created this B/W version on July 31 for the thread  'best photo of the month July 2023'. I'm not sure whether it's a rule that one (version of a) photo shouldn't be posted in multiple threads. If do, please delete.

Details: Canon 6D with Canon 70-200 mm lens

image.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mikemorrellNL said:

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm breaking any rules (I'd be glad to receive comments on which rules and how). I took the original (color) photo on July 9th. But I created this B/W version on July 31 for the thread  'best photo of the month July 2023'. I'm not sure whether it's a rule that one (version of a) photo shouldn't be posted in multiple threads. If do, please delete.

Details: Canon 6D with Canon 70-200 mm lens

image.jpeg

No worries about breaking in, we encourage that, and you are welcome here, Mike. Nice shot, quite good.  I like the tone. I am a guitar player and have shot a lot of musicians. There are no requirements to have to post only award-winning eye candy shots, we enjoy photography, so don't feel you have nothing worthy to post.  It's all good. Hope you are a regular.

• Like 1
Cheers, Mark

On 7/29/2023 at 8:08 AM, ajkocu said:

Thunderstorms last night. I shot a bunch but only got a few worth processing. 5D.ll with EF15mm fisheye. I'm hoping to get the whole sky filled with lightning one day.

_MG_3057.jpg

How long are you leaving the shutter open? Just curious on your technique. 

zap word clip art.png

Cheers, Mark

5 hours ago, Mark Keefer said:

How long are you leaving the shutter open? Just curious on your technique. 

zap word clip art.png

Shutter open from 15 to 30 seconds. ISO from 100 to 400 and aperture f/8 to f/16 depending on the intensity of the storm while keeping detail in the buildings windows. No auto-exposure. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mark Keefer said:

No worries about breaking in, we encourage that, and you are welcome here, Mike. Nice shot, quite good.  I like the tone. I am a guitar player and have shot a lot of musicians. There are no requirements to have to post only award-winning eye candy shots, we enjoy photography, so don't feel you have nothing worthy to post.  It's all good. Hope you are a regular.

Thanks Mark!

On 8/1/2023 at 1:14 PM, zakslm said:

Funny!

Update:  Yesterday evening while walking the dog, I saw one of the largest coyotes I’ve ever seen.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me and when the dog aggressively barked at him and pulled the leash like he wanted to pursue said coyote with bad intentions in mind, the coyote took off before I could get a cellphone pic. 

Given your powers of suggestion, in your next post or reply, could you please mention winning the lottery?

Edited by zakslm