The Rolleiflex Vending Machine and Paprika MTL3

A while ago I started a thread about quirky auction site descriptions:

LINK ------------

Here are a couple more from this mornings browse:

"Rolleiflex vending machine mod. 3 (K4B2) with Cutter Cross Xenar 3.5/75mm #1084125vintage film camera job lot."

It had been translated from German - can you see the logic?

And this for a Zenit TTL and a Praktica MTL3:

"Hi and thanks for looking,admit TTL to owner for 40 years and a paprika mtl3
Also lens and flash,was working 20 years ago but now in need of much to
So sold as seen".
  • Like 1

Being a student of German... I do see the translations pitfalls.  I had to laugh recently when the Graflex "Pacemaker" was listed as a "Schrittmacher" which is of course exactly what this is...in the medical sense, but not in the social (model name) sense of setting the pace for the future,

The Rolleiflex model Automat = vending machine... right?  The cutter cross is a literal translation of the vendor. Schneider = cutter and Kreuznach similar, Kreuz is to cross = cross.
Film camera  (job) lot is clear.. a "lot" is a sales term for a group of items. 
Rollei fans couldf probably assess "Mod 3" as a variation of the Automat, and the serial number is from the lens ,

I think the owner wants to "admit"  it  (the TTL) is in poor shape and the translater took the best quess for the spelling of Praktika. I also can't or don'T see the correlation of "admit" to the name Zenit. 

Amusing none the less.... AI  is scary!! When they get it wrong!! 

3 hours ago, chuck_foreman1 said:

think the owner wants to "admit"  it  (the TTL) is in poor shape and the translater took the best quess for the spelling of Praktika. I also can't or don'T see the correlation of "admit" to the name Zenit. 

Right on all counts Chuck, whatever vestige remains of my "O" Level German led me to the same conclusion.

To be clear, the Zenit and Praktica were on a separate listing from the Rollei, this time from a UK vendor, so no translation was involved. I do believe that somehow "Zenit" became "Admit" via some obscure process in the sellers mind (or spell checker?) - the last two letters being the same.