After platform update... all my albums were eliminated... and all the images are presented together...

Greetings...
is there a way to re-group the images into different albums?
After reading AAAAA LOT about creating new albums... now I need / would like to re-group again the images already organized in albums but whose albums were deleted along the platform process .
The old platform allowed to move images from one album to another by right clicking ON THE SINGLE IMAGE... a drop box displayed and offered a series of option... among them the CHANGE TO ANOTHER ALBUM... 

Would somebody, please-please-please is kind to let me know if this is possible to do..  and a step by step set of instructions to gather images already posted in albums?

Thank you soooo much in advance for any input.. 
Best regards. 

Hello, this may help. I assume that you are starting with your browser displaying your profile. You should see a tab called IMAGES, click on that to open a screen showing your current images. Each image should show a very small click box in the upper right corner. If you click on that a check mark will appear on that image and a selection of tools should appear along the bottom of your screen. The big RIGHT ARROW in that tool box should allow you to move the selected image. If you do not have those little click boxes on each image you should be able to just click on the image that you wish to move and open that image. You should then see along the left of your screen a link to MANAGE IMAGE (you might have to scroll down a bit).  Click on that and you should have a selection of tools, one of which is MOVE. 

Now, your results may be completely different from what I described above. Since I am a moderator my site permissions may be different from the ones that you have.  The above description is what I use to move my images around. Regards.

• Very Nice 1

I was watching this topic in the hope that there was some way to organize my photos once again.  Thanks for the reply WJT, I do appreciate the effort!  But sadly, as you suspected the solution(s) you outlined "must" be moderator permissions only.  In the first toolbox outlined above, my only options are, Set as my profile photo, or, Download.  In the second, it's Report Image, or Delete.  At least, I can now delete photos that "I" had deleted years ago, or were in "private" folders that only I could view, or the more common way I used that old feature was a link I gave others.  This has gone on long enough IMO and with no organization in sight the only thing I can do is delete most of my photos.  A LONG list of photos isn't fun for anybody to try and navigate, when you only want to view a members, say, wildlife photos.  Thanks again for trying!   

• On Point 1

Doug,

I believe that your summary is correct and articulate.

Member's images were transferred; the location of those images, in the (old) folders, was not.  

This information has been mentioned in at least two previous conversations in the Site Help Forum, though noted, one would have to read much to find the detail.

Additionally I note that there are a few (very few) members whose portfolio exhibits a condition whereby some of their images are "Hidden". I found this glitch when addressing queries of 'missing images' - (there is a conversation in Site Help on this topic also).

I have looked at the first 500 images in your portfolio, and also the first 500 images in the portfolio of member 'Life Photo-Documentaries' and it appears all the images are viewable - so I expect neither of your portfolios display this glitch.

1 hour ago, Doug Obert said:

This has gone on long enough IMO and with no organization in sight the only thing I can do is delete most of my photos.

Some members have chosen a similar path. I did - I deleted all my images and then reloaded a select few, in newly created folders. 

If you, or the OP want ALL your photos deleted (i.e. not "most") I have assisted other members to do that and I can assist you too; send me a PM, please don't discuss here.

WW

• Excellent! 1
  • On Point 1

• 2 months later...