Nikon Wednesday 2023: #24

Matt Laur

Note: Consider keeping uploads no larger than 1600 pixels on the long side when it matters, and sticking with 1000 pixels when the image feels no pain at that resolution. On data size/compression, try to keep things under 1mb, shooting for 600kb when you can stop there. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). New to this thread? The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are right here: https://www.photo.net/forums/topic/398109-guidelines-for-nikon-forum-wednesday-image-threadsFor now, we're sticking with 1, 2, or 3 images per week as you see fit.

Sunday found me at one of the annual air shows we like to attend, and we were relatively lucky with the weather. I'll probably haunt this weekly thread with shots from this visit for a couple or three weeks, so apologies in advance - it's that time of year! Here we have the amazing F-35 Lightning being flown by accomplished pilot Captain Kristin "Beo" Wolfe from the Lightning demo team. She danced that machine around from barely moving to ripping by at 700mph, and made incredible moves that no earlier fighter could make. Very impressive to watch her work. Carry on, Nikon Wednesday!

2023_OC_Airshow_Matt_Laur_DSC1679.thumb.jpg.33924d7fedb4359c4f81791aa485f071.jpg

2023_OC_Airshow_Matt_Laur_DSC1750.jpg.d49ba8f8417cc49ff2e795e59ad19404.jpg

2023_OC_Airshow_Matt_Laur_DSC1565.jpg.f8e9e1f16edc2d1fa8a48a25970ebd20.jpg

• Like 10
  • Excellent! 2

9 minutes ago, Jon Eckman said:

This one is from last week at the CN Tower in Toronto Shun. I never made it to the top of the WTC, although I live relatively near by - always thought I would get around to it.

CN Tower, I have been there too, the first time over Christmas in 1977. I was going to school in California back then, and my friends thought I was crazy visiting Toronto in winter. I was back there with my wife around 1990 or so.