Olympus E-M10 mk i vs new OM5+ECG-5 vs E-M1 mk iii???

I have the original E-M10 and I have an OM-5 inbound! My questions are as follows:

1. How does the OM-5 + ECG-5 compare to the E-M1 mk III in handling, features, etc?
  2. What can I expect in terms of performance and handling of the new OM-5 compared to the E-M10?
  3. Lastly, how does the E-M1 mk II (which I was originally considering) fare against the above 1. and 2.?

Thanks for any comments!

FP

Of course some of your questions will be answered when UPS/Fed Ex/ ect drops the new camera at you doorstep.  My EM-5 III is substantially similar to the OM-5 in form and function, with a few additional upgrades.  Expect better sensor performance, with DR and high ISO improved by about 1 stop.  IBIS is significantly better than your EM-10, and the EVF is better.   Very good high frame rate, plus E shutter availability.  I always use the setting to minimize shutter shock or the E shutter setting.

I have found that subject tracking and face recognition to be unreliable.  Tracking will sort of track your subject leaving you with in focus bodies and out of focus faces.  Face recognition gives up as soon as the subject turns away from the camera.  The OM-5 may have slightly better performance than this, but I don't believe it is materially better.  The PDAF AF sensors are effective for things that move by using a single AF point, or a small grid of active AF points.  I have captured birds in flight (pellagins moving slowly at La Jolla Beach) with a decent hit rate.

Edited by Ken Katz