W/NW 2023 Pic-O'-The-Week #20

Welcome everyone to Week 20 of 2023, the Leica and Rangefinders W/NW Thread! Here's scene looking down Broadway, Nashville Tennessee.

Bronica RF645, 65mm f/4 Zenzanon-RF, Kodak T400CN

8 E.jpg

Edited by allancobb
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, allancobb said:

Welcome everyone to Week 20 of 2023, the Leica and Rangefinders W/NW Thread! Here's scene looking down Broadway, Nashville Tennessee.

Bronica RF645, 65mm f/4 Zenzanon-RF, Kodak T400CN

8 E.jpg

Allen, what year was that?

A trip to bountiful for mothers' day.  A long train journey - about 61/2 hours. So four images.  I got into Sydney late and thought I'd try some pre-focus roadside photos.  So two images to show it didn't really work.  'Attack flash' might be a better alternative, but would give the game away. Then an image from my motel room of part of Paddy's markets in the early morning next day.  The final image is of a fellow passenger on the train back.  Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

L1003943-2.jpg

L1003945-2.jpg

L1003949-2.jpg

L1003954-3.jpg

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Sanford said:

Allen, what year was that?

I actually took this in March of 2020 just before the pandemic went into full swing. I think that marquis board (1997) actually refers to the beginning of that establishment, but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allancobb said:

I actually took this in March of 2020 just before the pandemic went into full swing. I think that marquis board (1997) actually refers to the beginning of that establishment, but I'm not sure.

I looks timeless. I've always heard you could watch top of the line CW performers by just bar hopping in Nashville.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2023 at 8:35 AM, Sanford said:

I looks timeless. I've always heard you could watch top of the line CW performers by just bar hopping in Nashville.

Thanks Sanford. Broadway in Nashville is just the place to do that, it was happening right then!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Allen Herbert said:

Bit out of focus, Arthur. 

Go for a faster shutter speed .

image.jpeg.0de46ad36cb0d94165f7fc77a94e89e7.jpeg

Yes, just a bit!!! It was an experiment which didn't quite work.  I had the ISO up as far as it would go, but to no avail. That is a very captivating shot, by the way, Allen Herbert. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1).  I'm toying with upgrading to the M11 monochrom (though I've got no idea of where I'll get the funds from, and wonder if it's worth it. It apparently has a better high ISO range, more dynamic range, etc.  But I use mainly legacy lenses, older LTM's and an adapter, so there may be nothing in it.  And of course, my go to 75mm 'voigtlander')

• Like 3

"Yes, just a bit!!! It was an experiment which didn't quite work.  I had the ISO up as far as it would go, but to no avail." Arthur.

Really, it's about the content little else. However, you have a 7Artisan lens with a wide open aperture which will enable you to use a faster shutter.

Just a thought.

22 hours ago, arthur_mcculloch2 said:

... I'm toying with upgrading to the M11 monochrom (though I've got no idea of where I'll get the funds from, and wonder if it's worth it). It apparently has a better high ISO range, more dynamic range, etc. ...

To a large degree, the same can be said for the M10M. I'm seeing some pretty good deals on the M10M since the M11M release. Dynamic range and high ISO usability are phenomenal on both cameras. I'm toying with the idea of an M10M myself for the same reasons. Problem is, I need it like another hole in the head!

• Like 2

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

9 hours ago, Bill Blackwell Images said:

To a large degree, the same can be said for the M10M. I'm seeing some pretty good deals on the M10M since the M11M release. Dynamic range and high ISO usability are phenomenal on both cameras. I'm toying with the idea of an M10M myself for the same reasons. Problem is, I need it like another hole in the head!

Thanks bill blackwell images. The m10m looks impressive (though still here in Oz about $10 - 12 k, used. Not a cheapie for a superceded camera).  It impresses me with still the brass top and bottom - the M11 M has aluminium. Both have the visoflex EVF, it appears. I need EVF to nail focus. The M11 M has a better ISO range, but I'm not sure that my lenses would ever make a difference. And I was wondering about the contraction of the product cycle: the M10 only ran for about 21/2 years - a pretty short product cycle - that usually indicates something is going wrong with the producer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm not sure, even if I can get the 'readies' ($) together, whether it's better to kick on with my existing kit. Regards; and as always, your images make me envy your clarity, composition, and just brilliance.  Regards, Arthur (apiarist1).