Does anyone know anything about this lens?

Collector-20

Check out the Minimum Palmos:

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Minimum-Palmos

The one pictured at Camera-wiki (the pictures are at Flickr; you can click to view them full-size there) seems to have a similar Tessar to yours. The text says f/6.3, but the pictured examples actually have f/4.5 lenses. It's a strut-folding camera with focal-plane shutter. Later, things like the Nettel had focusing by variable strut extension, so didn't need helical focusing on the lens.

With a 15 cm lens, I think your lens might have been on a quarter-plate (3¼x4¼ inch) camera, or a 9x12cm.

You have the mounting ring on the lens there. The camera at Camera-wiki has a metal front plate and is fastened with little machine screws. But you just need three (four?) countersunk brass screws to fit the lens in any wooden board. You need a focal-plane shutter to use it though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lens itself will unscrew from that ring, but not necessarily. The only lenses I have that look at all like this are for reflex cameras with racking focus, and those lenses are interchangeable. I don't think that Minimum Palmos allows different extension; the struts and bellows are folded or all the way out; so they weren't expecting you to swap the lens.  IIRC, mine have something like a two-inch thread, but then they're English. Yours will presumably be a metric thread.

Edited by Dustin McAmera
  • Excellent! 1