copies. I´m usally using Tri-X and D-76 and Ilford MG´s or Berrger

Prestige papers. That didn´t do the trick, so I thought I´d try out

some of Agfa´s Rodinal.

Might this be the sollution. If so (or if I´m completely wrong),

please enlighten me, how to do to get very grainy (Times, agitation

and whatelses)???!!!

This might be a topic debated before, but I found no satisfying

answers.

Have you considered reticulation. Reticulation is the cracking and/or warping of the film emulsion due to a change in temperatures during development...(got that from here;<p> http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:7RdFWYd2mf8C:www.sunspotphoto.com/ssp/alternative/reticulation.html+reticulation&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

<p>I used APX 400 @ 250 in an 85 degree 1 + 100 solution of Rodinal for 10 minutes. I poured out that solution and right away poured in a ice water rinse, poured that out, poured in a second ice water rinse which I agitated for 1 minute. I repeated the 100 degree rinse a third time. Since I used three rinses I did not require stop bath. I poured out the water and poured in rapid fix that I had stored in the freezer long enough that it was starting to get thick. It was about 30 degrees. I agitated the film/fixer for 6 minutes. I opened the container and checked that the film was properly fixed. I washed the film in 100 degree water for 10 minutes then 70 degree water (to harden the emulsion) for 10 more minutes. I had what looked like HUGE grain.

It will depend on the type of grain pattern you wish. Try TRX in TEC developer. Prints look like etchings. There are a great variety of options, it might be best to test out a few of the above suggestions and then use what is going to give you the look you want for your project.

Develop your film in straight Dektol at around 80-90 degrees

with continous agitation for at least 10 minutes. This will give you very pronounced and coarse grain. If you you use Tri-X (or other high speed film) with this method it is even more extreme. It can be very appropiate with certain types of photos such as shots showing speed events or large areas of sand.

Conrad has the ultimate grain producer. If you want large but smooth grain, use any 3200 speed film, put it in your camera, over frame (back up) and then develope in warm (not hot) dektol. Or any print developer for that matter. You will absolutely love this process and it's product. The film is inherently grainy to begin with, the print developer makes the silver in the emulsion migrate and clump more than any other developer, and couple that with over framing the subject at a factor equal to the size grain you want, and voila!!!

How about using a smaller film format, such as 8x11 Minox. The older ones have excellent, 5-element lenses, curved film plane, and will give you nice, grainy enlargements using film of "normal" ISO speeds.