Film Camera Week for February 24

@gary green: Thanks, Gary nice to know I'm back on track! I guess being stuck with PMK Pyro for the rest of my life is not such a bad fate...

@bruce _z._Li2 :  I agree, really too many variables here. I might try to shoot a couple of short lengths of the Delta 400 using the same kit and location, developing one in each of the two developers, for the sake of a fairer comparison. I was trying out the Adox developer with Delta 400 because I wasn't really happy with the results I was getting with the film in PMK Pyro,  and while the results are certainly different, as yet I really don't know which I prefer.                               

Apropos ..signature look.. doesn'T pop etc. I found the first image really good.. plenty of range. The consequential images had deep shadows that I think pulled the top end down with . the whites could be whiter .. I'm not calling them muddy, just a bit flat. Another mentioned "silvery". the edge or illusion of edge separation in Pyro might be the missing factor. You mentioned T-Grain as factor.  Hard to compare apples with oranges 🙂

I first hear of Paterson FX-39 when I read a review of Ilford HP5+  by the late Roger Hicks in Shutterbug.  He pointed out that faster films with conventional grain might not be best for the FX-39, but his images (as I recall) looked quite good.  I think it was best for conventional ISO 200 or less and for T-grain up to ISO 400. I tried some Ilford Pan F+ in this developer but found it did better for me if I rated it at E.I. 25.  I'll have to look through my older negatives for some same images.

Kudos BruceZ.  I haven't braved this color process...the temp control is important . I'm pretty sloppy in my B&W work. Which shows how robust the processes are..  I have toyed with the idea of a camper cooler.  Not that I hae a camper. I may have the wrong impression, but IIIRC they can be set at a temp and the isolated properties of the "cooler" will maintain this...and even smarter devices will maintain temp dynamically. 
I once did E6 process... I couldn't say if it was the me..ie the exposures,, or the process.. but they were underexposed. 

Edited by chuck_foreman1
  • Like 1