FS: Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S F mount

ben_hutcherson

I'm offering this lens for sale.

Basically, as stated, this is the older version of the F mount(SLR/DSLR) 24-70mm "pro" f/2.8 zoom lens. It was replaced in 2015 by the newer, only marginally better, bigger, and heavier 24-70mm f/2.8E VR.

Note that this lens does NOT have VR, probably its only major shortcoming from being a near perfect lens. This older version is still decently popular as it is quite a bit smaller and lighter than the newer version. I'm only selling because this one has sat since I bought the newer version.

If anyone wants the full alphabet soup for this one, it's "NanoCrystalCoat SWM ED IF Aspherical" and "AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm 1:2.8G ED N"

As a "G" lens(no aperture ring) it is fully compatible with all Nikon F mount DSLRs, as well as late higher end film cameras like the F5, F6, F100, and N80. It will focus and work in "P" and "S" modes on the N90 and F4. Ask me if you want to use this on a film camera and want to know whether or not its compatible with your specific one.

This one is in what I'd call well used but not abused condition. It has some wear on the barrel, a few paint chips on the filter ring(zero issues installing and removing filters) and probably most noticeable is some gold loss on the raised lettering. The glass is clear, blemish free, and fugus free. I do see two specs of dust inside the rear element(visible in the photo of the rear element with the aperture wide open), but I've never seen it on photos. It works perfectly and is fully functional. Zoom and focus are smooth(zoom resistance does change through the range, but every example I've handled is like this).

Nikon branded front and rear cap included.

These seem to run $500-600 on Ebay depending on the seller and condition, so let's try this at $475 inc. US shipping(message me for an international quote).

_DSC5333.jpg

_DSC5334.jpg

_DSC5335.jpg

_DSC5336.jpg

_DSC5340.jpg

_DSC5343.jpg