Can I disable downloads for my images?

mickeysimpson

Are you wanting that just for yourself, or speaking globally across the site?

At the request of many members, that feature was turned off back in January.  Then at the request of many members, it was turned back on a week later.  One can review the discussions on that in other threads.

It is easy to disable that feature.  It does not however remove the ability of anyone to right-click on an image and do the same thing.

I was initially speaking for myself; however, your response correctly asks whether I meant this for all. Based upon your response I would say that the best of all worlds would be if the feature was available to be invoked on an individual basis; thereby, making everyone happy.

That said I do understand about the right click and save image.

Thank you for your response!

Mick

Even on websites where Right Click and then [Save Image] is disallowed, once an image is published on the web, it is able to be downloaded if the desire to do so is present: note, even if the image has been 'deleted' it can be found.

Understood that locks on doors inhibit naughty (opportunistic) events happening and it would be nice in a perfect platform to have lots of user options, however my view is, publishing low res images suffices do do away with big-time theft of one's work.

As we don't have a perfect platform (but have made recent big advancements) I reckon time spent looking at the big picture item fixes is better spent than making a user option to have download image "on" or "off" - I do think most people understand (or should understand) that once they publish ANYTHING on the www, it can be found and subsequently downloaded.

WW     

9 hours ago, William Michael said:

Even on websites where Right Click and then [Save Image] is disallowed, once an image is published on the web, it is able to be downloaded if the desire to do so is present: note, even if the image has been 'deleted' it can be found.

Understood that locks on doors inhibit naughty (opportunistic) events happening and it would be nice in a perfect platform to have lots of user options, however my view is, publishing low res images suffices do do away with big-time theft of one's work.

As we don't have a perfect platform (but have made recent big advancements) I reckon time spent looking at the big picture item fixes is better spent than making a user option to have download image "on" or "off" - I do think most people understand (or should understand) that once they publish ANYTHING on the www, it can be found and subsequently downloaded.

WW     

What would be considered a good low res file?