EOS 7D to monitor cable

Charles_Webster

The HDMI OUTPUT of the EOS7D is MINI HDMI PORT (female) therefore to connect to that, you will need one end of the cable to be MINI HDMI JACK (male

2 hours ago, Charles_Webster said:

I don't know the proper name for the monitor input connector.

Need to confirm exactly what the connection is on your monitor - perhaps a photo will assist?  

The next question is, if the input to your Monitor is not HDMI, then before buying cable, you should confirm that the HDMI output of the 7D is compatible with the INPUT of your Monitor.

WW   

Page 177 of the original manual and page 185 of the version 2 manual cover the camera's mini HDMI connection.

From your description of the monitor's connection, though, it sounds like it's DVI, not HDMI.  DVI comes in a bazillion flavours including analog, digital, and a combo of both.  DVI connectors that include digital support are generally compatible with HDMI if you have the right cable.  Look at the Wikipedia page for DVI to confirm whether this is what you have and what flavour it is, as you'll need a cable that's compatible with it.

2 hours ago, steve_dunn2 said:

Page 177 of the original manual and page 185 of the version 2 manual cover the camera's mini HDMI connection.

From your description of the monitor's connection, though, it sounds like it's DVI, not HDMI.  DVI comes in a bazillion flavours including analog, digital, and a combo of both.  DVI connectors that include digital support are generally compatible with HDMI if you have the right cable.  Look at the Wikipedia page for DVI to confirm whether this is what you have and what flavour it is, as you'll need a cable that's compatible with it.

Ah! DVI, that's what I needed. I now recall that DVI is a sub-set of HDMI. Thank you for your help!