Just recieved my new MP

jfm

Jeffrey,

Congradulations! I've yet to see an MP and I live in Japan where you'd think Leica would be cheerfully dumping them by the caseload.

My question is rather crucial. Did you get the add-on rewind thingie? Stephen Gandy and Tom Abrahamsson have both written that the handle is too short. Would like to hear some feedback on this.

--Alex

Hello,

I did not purchased the add on rewind crank. I felt no need, as the crank itself is wonderful. The Leicavit, which I did not purchase, is a thing of beauty-smooth, thin and geared perfectly. It is also the price of a 50 Summilux! The black paint finish is much more matte than the previous generation LHSA cameras. In any case, after a few rolls, I'll report back.

best,

jm

Hello Robert,

Having not much to compare this to, I have heard that the older M3's, the rewind knob was not geared, so when you released it, if in mid rewind, it would spin back. Not so with the new MP. You can release your hand and itstays exactly where you were. Make sense?

best,

Jeffrey

Also, no need for the rewind add-on. The rewinding takes around 20 seconds as opposed to 10-15 seconds with the TTL. It is so smooth, that it never bothered me at all. Very easy and stylish.

best,

Jeffrey