Yashica TLR PC flash connection

TLRNut

The Yashica Auto is a pretty rare TLR, being a short lived lever wind predecessor of the Yashicamat. In the pictures of it I've seen, the flash connection looks like a standard PC socket, so any standard PC cable should work. I've found that a lot of these old PC sockets are dirty and need a little squirt of contact cleaner to get them working.

• Like 1

The standard PC is really quite common even still found on some modern digitals. My Bronica SQA, Mamiya RB67 Canon A1 Canon F1 New My former Canon F1 and FTB. More modern Canon 7D MkII Digital  Even My Mamiya C33's three lenses on which the PC's are of a totally different design to most other cameras still is standard PC Same as my other current and previous cameras.. Not saying there are no different PC sockets / cables. There are. It does not look like the Yashica auto is any other than std PC. I do know some Yashica models use a different screw on PC cable plug . Personally not seen one apart from on some on YouTube vids. Go to a GOOD camera shop ask there maybe ask to trial fit a standard PC.

All I can add is that a lot of P-C (Prontor-Compur) plugs are quite stiff to fit to the camera when brand new. They're only a friction fit, with a small slit in the sleeve to allow expansion and keep them tight. AFAIK they're all designed to exactly the same size, and the only difference is that some are fitted with a threaded collar to prevent accidental release.

All high-end professional cameras, film and digital, are still fitted with a P-C socket. It's the standard method for connecting studio strobes.

Edit: Oh yes! Don't forget to set the XMV lever on the shutter to 'X'. Otherwise you'll get blank frames. In fact you might want to tape the XMV lever in the X position if you shoot a lot of flash. I've known grown professional photographers cry after shooting an entire session and then finding the stupid lever in the 'M' position. Not that I've done such a thing myself of course! 🥴

Edited by rodeo_joe1