Spam and my Internet was down

@Sandy Vongries  Hi Sandy.  First, I want to sincerely thank you for the work you perform to keep this site running.  I've been a bit critical of the messaging related to the rescue plan for PN, as well as the plan itself, but in no way do I intend to make personal attacks against anyone.  I enjoy participating in the community and hope it somehow survives.

Secondly, I have a concern as to your (and others) volunteer status with PN, especially as it relates to the ability of the administrators to properly police site content according to the law.  Let me preface this by saying that I am not licensed nor qualified to provide legal advice.  I am simply raising a concern.

My understanding is that PN is NOT a registered not-for-profit (i.e., charity).  Also, my understanding is that, in the U.S., volunteers for for-profit entities are not legally shielded from civil and criminal liability.  That is, if you are performing volunteer work for a for-profit entity, you may legally be considered an employee.

I have no idea if your volunteer arrangement with PN places you (or PN) in any increased risk as opposed to volunteering for a charity but just wanted to raise the concern.

Here is an article that may provide more insight.

https://www.bakerdonelson.com/volunteers-at-for-profit-companies-bad-idea-even-if-for-a-good-cause